Saturday, August 1, 2009

BFF (Best Friend Forever)

BEST:

–adjective, superl. of good with better as compar.
1.
of the highest quality, excellence, or standing: the best work; the best students.
2.
most advantageous, suitable, or desirable: the best way.
3.
largest; most: the best part of a day.
–adverb, superl. of well with better as compar.
4.
most excellently or suitably; with most advantage or success: an opera role that best suits her voice.
5.
in or to the highest degree; most fully (usually used in combination): best-suited; best-known; best-loved.
–noun
6.
something or someone that is best: They always demand and get the best. The best of us can make mistakes.
7.
a person's finest clothing: It's important that you wear your best.
8.
a person's most agreeable or desirable emotional state (often prec. by at).
9.
a person's highest degree of competence, inspiration, etc. (often prec. by at).
10.
the highest quality to be found in a given activity or category of things (often prec. by at): cabinetmaking at its best.
11.
the best effort that a person, group, or thing can make: Their best fell far short of excellence.
12.
a person's best wishes or kindest regards: Please give my best to your father.


FRIEND:

–noun
1.
a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2.
a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
3.
a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
4.
a member of the same nation, party, etc.
5.
(initial capital letter) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.


FOREVER:

–adverb
1.
without ever ending; eternally: to last forever.
2.
continually; incessantly; always: He's forever complaining.
–noun
3.
an endless or seemingly endless period of time: It took them forever to make up their minds.




***I'm sure you all read my blog about seeing things for what they are right? Well, to give you all an update..I spoke to my "BFF" and I told her how I felt about our off and on again "friendship" and actually had an EPIPHANY after watching Trey Songz latest UStream video & after an incident with someone who "knows" us both to a certain extent but her more so than me...but yeah. So I came to the conclusion that, regardless of our ups and down/agreements and/or disagreements she'll ALWAYS be my "BFF" even if we decided to distance ourselves from one another SEVERAL more times. Because the moral to this whole "dictionary.com interpretation" is that those that are "BEST FRIENDS FOREVER" ARE SIMPLY THAT! For whatever reason, God put us in each other's lives and even when we piss each other off, we can eventually sit down and talk things over like adults and move on. I just didn't fully understand the "here now, gone tomorrow & back the next day" type of situation. But going through more trials since then has taught me this great lesson.***

~~~NEVER CONSIDER SOMEONE YOUR BFF UNLESS YOU'RE WILLING TO BE THERE THROUGH THE THICK & THIN/GOOD & BAD/UPS & DOWNS/RAIN, SLEET, HAIL OR SNOW!!!~~~

Thanx for the advice and a listening ear lovez! ;o)

~♥QUEEN♥~

2 comments:

ilovejuicycouture said...

It is so weird for me to read that b/c I am going through the same situation with my bestie. We have been BFF's for over 25 years, and we go through periods where we need to distance ourselves from one another. I have often found myself saying," I will never talk to her again", but after a few months apart, we will pick up where we left off. I wonder why that is?

Concealed|Perplexity said...

I feel you, it's a hard thing to decipher. I guess all I can say is have more talks w/ur BFF & look within urself & find out whether or not holding onto the relationship is worth it. It's just like an intimate relationship w/ur spouse but w/o the obvious. U should handle it accordingly. I hope it works out in ur best interest babe! :)