Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Shawntae Harris (Da Brat)

Brat

Hello World...

I was on twitter today and JD (Jermaine Dupri for those who obviously stay on another planet! lol) let everyone know that today is Da Brat's birthday. He let us know that we could go on his blog (www.global14.com) and wish her a happy birthday. It was so funny to me because I had just been thinking about her and how I miss her in the music industry. For those who don't know me personally, I am a lover of music of all kinds especially hiphop & r&b. And it really doesn't get much better than Da Brat when is comes female MCs...MCs period really. She is better than a VERY large percentage of the fellas in the game right now but it seems like folks have forgotten.

Anywho, when I read JD's message I was so excited because I was just saying how the game isn't the same anymore. Our youth has no idea what real music is and doesn't respect the game. It's not just the youth either, some old-heads have lost sight of what this thing is really about...where's the love? I can go on and on about the industry in particular but we'll save that for another time. I just thought I'd share that with you because it was on my mind and it seemed to fit so well.

On another note, Da Brat is currently serving time in prison for those who don't know... if you have love for her and would like to send her a letter, card or whatever...here's her info:
Shawntae Harris #1287419
Lee Arrendale State Prison
P.O. Box 709
Alto, GA. 30510


***LET'S SHOW HER SOME LOVE...WHETHER IT BE THROUGH PRAYER AND/OR SENDING HER A LETTER! IF WE DON'T LOVE OUR PEOPLE AND HOLD THEM DOWN, WHO WILL???!!!

***CHECKOUT JD'S BLOG TOO, GLOBAL14, BRYAN-MICHAEL COX HAS A BLOG AS WELL (BRYAN'S JOURNEY)...HERE'S THE URL: www.firstofdecember.wordpress.com
JD & Da Brat
JD & Brat

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been looking everywhere for her address, you are definitely a God send - wanted to get her a few encouraging words for Christmas.

Take care and keep that music info coming...love ya blog!

ps I will definitely visit more often AND leave a comment

Anonymous said...

The writer of pieces-from-within.blogspot.com has written a superior article. I got your point and there is nothing to argue about. It is like the following universal truth that you can not disagree with: Triangular sandwiches taste better than square ones. I will be back.

Akeysta Gotskillz said...

Just dropin a line with some luv in it, I luv you Brat, this is your cousin speakin out to you, KeeKee, miss you and hope they free you soon, you got a birthday comin up again and I hope that some how some way you could help my dream come true by creating a custom birthday cake for you, hold ya head and I'm going to keep you in my prayer's...sorry for your loss my condolences.......http://creativecakesbykeekee.com/